Monday, April 23, 2012

Relocating to Tulsa

Hey everybody! I am 31 years old and wondering what the ';singles'; scene is like in the Tulsa area. I am living near Cherry St. and was just wondering where the hang outs are....for someone who likes to enjoy a few beers or two after work and a little music! Any and all help would be greatful. I don%26#39;t know the area at all as I am from Wisconsin.



Relocating to Tulsa


Where in WI are you from? I am originally from WI also, living in NC and thinking of relocating to Oklahoma, sounds like u are already there? Or already have a place. What made u decide to move to Tulsa? Is it anything like WI?





Going to visit the area real soon,





K



Relocating to Tulsa


Hi. I am 31 yrs old also and live in Cali and am very close to moving to either Tulsa or OKC in a few months.



Were you able find work pretty well?



How do you like it so far? How long have you been there?




Although I%26#39;m older %26amp; married, I do hear a bit from my single friends about where they hang. Try Grey Snail, Cherry St. %26amp; Peoria; Full Moon on Cherry St., or the bar @ 16th %26amp; Peoria, West side of Street (sorry don%26#39;t know names...). Also try up %26amp; down Brookside, especially around 33rd to 35th St.--there are several places there--a sushi place, a nice dance bar on the West side of Peoria, another bar on the East side. Finally, the ';downtown district'; has some places to hang, some after work, some later. Pick up the Friday paper %26amp; check out the live music places listed in the ';Spot'; section; or pick up the ';Uptown News'; (free downtown weekly) for music--Tulsa has a good live music scene. Tulsa also has some active single young professional organizations and the larger churches have active singles groups. Have fun %26amp; good luck!




Good Luck!! I am alittle older than you and there are some nice bars near where you are. It seems that bar names change quite a bit. I lived there in the late 90 early 00%26#39;s and I had a hard time finding an area of town where I liked the music. There is a nice bar called Blues City I used to go to off 41st street.It%26#39;s kind-of a biker car.

No comments:

Post a Comment