Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Interstate 40 east of OKC

Hi! I will be driving from AZ to PA at the end of April and I%26#39;m trying to choose a route. AAA TripTik recommends taking the 40 to OKC and then catching the 44 up to St. Louis. However, I%26#39;m interested in staying on the 40 through Tennessee, but I have heard that the I-40 is a really rough road through Oklahoma. Has anyone driven it recently? (any truckers out there?)

Your advice is appreciated.

Interstate 40 east of OKC

I-40 in western Oklahoma is in good condition except for a couple of spots; we were through there in January. From Texas to about Seminole, it should be fine.

I-40 in eastern Oklahoma used to be pretty rough. I have not driven it east of Seminole lately, but I do know that many repairs have been done in the last few years. It may not be great, but it has been improved in the last few years.

I-40 through Arkansas used to be terrible, but it has been upgraded from Fort Smith to Little Rock, which I drove a couple of weeks ago. Haven%26#39;t been east of Little Rock, though.

A couple of things about I-44 that you might not know: from OKC to Missouri, it is a toll road, so plan on spending about $6 in tolls if you go that way. I was in St. Louis last weekend where the Post Dispatch carried an article stating that 70% of I-44 would be under repair this summer with multiple, frequent lane closures. You might be driving through earlier enough to miss the bulk of the closures, but you should expect some delays.

Interstate 40 east of OKC

I was on I-40 from OKC to Henryetta, OK yesterday and on I-40 from Checotah, OK to Little Rock Arkansas. I recall one spot of road construction east of OKC and a few spots in Arkansas that will slow you down for a couple miles. Other than that, the roads will be pretty smooth.


I will be traveling on about May 3rd over I-40 from Little rock to the Muskoggi Hwy in eastern OKLA. Are the road delays on the east or west bound lanes on I-40 west of Little Rock?

  • flirt with someone
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment