Monday, April 23, 2012

Is my room ready?

I work at a national hotel chain(first time in this career field...just graduated with bs degree with emphasis in destination development). I have traveled extensively throughout my life but I have never encountered the problem that I%26#39;m facing daily in my new career. Problem---our hotel often (4-5X week) doesn%26#39;t have rooms cleaned until 5pm or later. Check out time is 11am and check in time is 2pm as per our local rules. Mgmt tells us(front desk)';deal with it, and expect it';. Customers often wait 2-4 hrs in lobby to get into rooms. This is small(30,000) community in mid america with little to no local attractions..just your average corp. and wedding/reunion guests. Is this delay in checkin time normal in this field, or have I just been extremely lucky in my 25+ yrs travelling?




Is my room ready?


sounds like they need to hire more help. el cheapo.

No comments:

Post a Comment