Friday, March 30, 2012

trip report

I know that it was only a short trip, but we had a great time!!!! We went to the Cowboy Museum on Tuesday afternoon.It was awesome!!!!! Since it was cold and rainy, we decided just to eat and go to the hotel. We stayed at the Sheraton downtown. The employees were very friendly and professional. The room was fine for what we paid, but like others said, it was a little noisy. I just turned on the fan and I was fine. I think that if I had paid more than the $77 a night, I might have been disappointed.But for us, it was just fine. Wednesday, we went to the Science Museum, and then the zoo. Both were great!! I really liked that the zoo because there are animals there that one does not normally see at a zoo. Then we ate at The County Line (yummy) and went to the Memorial downtown. It is truly a sight to see at night. This am, we stopped by the State Capitol and walked around a bit before heading home. It is a beautiful,and beautifully kept building. All in all it was a great little trip,and I hope we can go back soon. For a big city, it%26#39;s not too bad and I wouldn%26#39;t mind living there. (by the way, I wouldn%26#39;t care to live in most big cities--they are nice to visit)



trip report


I forgot that on Wednesday night before we went to the memorial, we drove around Bricktown (very nice area-but we don%26#39;t drink) Stopped in at Bass Pro and found the Boomer monument. It was beautiful!! The sculptures are amazing in their detail. We%26#39;ll need to come back when the area is finished. I am sure that it will be even better!



trip report


Glad you enjoyed your visit. There are more things to see here and I hope you can make it back some time.



On behalf of the other residents, thanks for the complements. I think most of us agree with your assessment.



Living here is not like living in most larger cities. OKC still has a small town feel. That%26#39;s one of the reasons I moved here. And it%26#39;s also one of the things that will be lost if we ever truly become a ';big league city.';


  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment