Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Looking for hotel close to, but not in Bricktown?

Hey folks! Going to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert Friday Jan 12th with 3 freinds. I would like to stay at the Bricktown Sheraton, but don%26#39;t want to spend over $100 for a place to sleep. We are driving in from Wichita KS and will probably check in first, then we want to take a cab to Bricktown to eat dinner, then goto concert and probably take a cab back to hotel. Any suggestions that you guys can offer will be great! I was looking at that Econo Lodge on Reno st since it%26#39;s about the closest, but have heard bad things about Econo Lodges. This one seems to have just been remodeled which could be a plus. Don%26#39;t really care about breakfast, just want a decent clean place to stay and that would be accessible via taxi.





Suggestions?!





Thanks,



Kelly



Looking for hotel close to, but not in Bricktown?


rhcp....There is a Quality Inn Bricktown that is just a couple miles east of bricktown if you are looking for just a decent place to pass out :-)





Can%26#39;t vouch for it, but I would think it would be nicer than an Econolodge or at least it seems to be on Expedia





If I were you I would just bypass paying for a cab and book something in Bricktown...worth the extra dough being able to just walk back to your hotel



Looking for hotel close to, but not in Bricktown?


Thanks for the info 180! I really would like to stay in Bricktown, but if I can stay in a hotel outside bricktown, take cabs, and save more than $50 in the difference, I think it%26#39;s worth it. Maybe if I knew how much you guesstimate it will cost to take a cab from that Quality Inn to the Ford Center, then another cab at the end of the night from Bricktown back to hotel? I know in some midwest cities, cabs are freakin expensive. Any knowledge about the cab fares?





Thanks Again!



Kelly




Hey guys, I just called yellow cab and they said it would probably be around $5 for a cab from the Quality Inn to Cox arena.





Thoughts about Quality Inn? It looks like several people have rated it badly.




RHCP, stay at one of the budget hotels on Meridian and take a cab. It%26#39;s not close, but if you are cost conscious, the cab fare and room night will not cost as much as staying downtown. I believe Motel 6s are still running around $30/night. I personally would stay downtown, but I understand your situation. But places like Sleep Inn, Days Inn, and other places along Meridian should be more affordable. Do a search and call around.





Good luck!




Here is another link about hotels.



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g51560-i521-k92898…



My recommendations were the I-40 Meridian area. You should be able to find something there (as was also pointed out by okcurbanadvisor.)



Happy hunting and enjoy the show!




Sorry - urbanokcadvisor...



:)




^ What for? It%26#39;s fine, mod.




Got your name wrong!



lol



I HATE doing that.




Hey, when they reschedule the RHCP stay at the Best Western Saddleback Inn - great place recently renovated and complimentary shuttle!!!! 405-947-7000.




So how long have you been working at the Best Western?



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment