Friday, March 30, 2012

Restaurant for Dinner for 20 People; Bar in Bricktown?

Looking for a restaurant, preferably in Bricktown, that will easily accommodate a dinner party with 20 adults.





Any thoughts on Chelinos? What is the most ';happening'; place in Bricktown?





Is Bricktown only a tourist area?





Where do you recommend people in their 30s go out (Bar or lounge with NO live music, NO country)?





All help is appreciated!!! Thanks so much!



Restaurant for Dinner for 20 People; Bar in Bricktown?


Chelino%26#39;s is one of the larger Bricktown restaurants and will easily accomodate 20 adults. I haven%26#39;t tried it, but I think if you call in advance they%26#39;ll have things ready.



How is Chelino%26#39;s? Overall, I like their food, but I also know people that do not care for it at all. And I have to admit there are some items on their menu I think could be better.



I also believe the Bricktown Brewery would also easily accomodate your group. As will Nonna%26#39;s, Pearl%26#39;s Crabtown and Spaghetti Warehouse Italian Grill.



I can recommend the Brewery and I%26#39;ve heard very good things about Nonna%26#39;s. And while some people like the Spaghetti Warehouse, I%26#39;d rather eat italian elsewhere...



For other restaurants in Bricktown, check out http://www.bricktownokc.com/dining.asp



That site also includes clubs/bars/lounges.



Sorry, I can%26#39;t help you with the %26#39;happening%26#39; places. But I think most of the bars/lounges have live music on weekends.



Restaurant for Dinner for 20 People; Bar in Bricktown?


If you want Mexican I would go to Abuelo%26#39;s before Chelinos ...call before and make a reservation. Bourbon Street is Cajun style food and it is usually very good. They could also accomadate 20. Middle of the road as far as price.



Another good restaurant is The Mantle. But I think it is too small.



Nonna%26#39;s is very good ..but VERY NICE and EXPENSIVE! But they have a bar/patio upstairs that is fun. You don%26#39;t have to eat there to go to the bar. Mickey Mantles Steakhouse (different from the Mantle) is very nice and they have a nice bar too. There are many bars with music all within walking distance. Just ask at the resturant you end up in. Bricktown is lots of fun locals and tourists alike love it down there.



Have Fun!




Yeah, it will be hard to find a bar withOUT live music on the weekends. If your looking for a nice, but more laid back place, I%26#39;d try LIT, Drinkz, Red Pin Bowling Lounge, or Tapwerks, depending on your style. Just outside of Bricktown (maybe better for your tastes) are XO (in the Colcord Hotel), the Red Piano (in the Skirvin Hotel), and RED Prime Steak, which has a nice bar area.





Nonna%26#39;s I know has space for large groups, but you%26#39;d want to call ahead. RED Prime Steak in Automobile Alley has space for large groups and is VERY cool but VERY expensive. Abuelo%26#39;s, Crabtown, Bricktown Brewery, Spaghetti Warehouse, Chelino%26#39;s, Toby Keith%26#39;s should all be able to accommidate you, although I don%26#39;t recommend Chelino%26#39;s, especially in your situation. It would be loud and cramped and the food is not that great. There are much better options.




Thanks all! I think I%26#39;ve narrowed it down to Trattoria il Centro, Crabtown and Abuelos. I%26#39;ll check them out when I%26#39;m in town. I realize Trattoria il Centro is downtown, but it seemed to have some pretty good recommendations from this forum.





Bar recommendations are perfect, more loungy vs. live band type places.





Thanks again!




Trattoria Il Centro is not that far from Bricktown. You won%26#39;t have a problem there.





Crabtown should be the best compromise for food quality and price.





Good luck!




Those are great choices. I do highly recommend Trattoria. It gets forgotten over in the arts district, but it%26#39;s really really good.


  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment