Friday, March 30, 2012

Any info on Sheraton OKC (Dowtown)?

I booked the Sheraton OKC downtown through priceline, but after reading a few reviews, I wonder if I should worry about my bargain. Does anyone out there have any information that I might find helpful? Thank you for helping me out.



Any info on Sheraton OKC (Dowtown)?


Wouldn%26#39;t be my first choice in downtown OKC, but last time I was there it was perfectly OK. For the price they normally charge, you could do better. But if you got a Priceline deal, I wouldn%26#39;t hesitate.



Any info on Sheraton OKC (Dowtown)?


Depending on the priceline price, it%26#39;s probably a good deal.



This is an average hotel property, although in a desireable area. Unless they made some changes (and the reviews would say they haven%26#39;t) I agree with one of the reviewers who said the walls are %26#39;thin%26#39;. But if you make sure you get a room away from the elevators and ice machine it shouldn%26#39;t be a problem.



Don%26#39;t expect any high-end amenities and you won%26#39;t be disappointed.




I got it for $77 a night. Which, I guess is not too bad considering the normal price of $185. I read about the thin walls,and that didn%26#39;t bother me nearly as much as the one who talked about armed guards and not feeling safe. On the good side, I also read that the beds were pretty good. Oh how I dislike the hard motel bed!!!!! At any rate, from your comments, I feel that we will be just fine. Thanks bunches!




For $77, you should be great. All of the downtown/Bricktown hotels usually charge $125 or more and for that much, you%26#39;ll find better. But for $77? I think you%26#39;ll be happy.





You%26#39;ll see police and security officers wherever you go in the downtown of OKC or most other cities. And their presence is what makes me never feel the least bit squeamish about walking around OKC. I guess it depends on if you look at an officer and see ';danger'; or ';safety'; in your head; I see ';safety.';




I agree with what twoprofs said 100%.





$77/night is a great price. The armed guards are not because the area is dangerous, but a precaution you see a lot these days in busy areas - and downtown OKC is a busy area.





So, enjoy your stay!!




Don%26#39;t worry about the safety issue. Even at night, this is a very active area and you shouldn%26#39;t be worried at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment