Friday, March 30, 2012

Restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner

I%26#39;m looking for a place to dine on Thanksgiving. We have a large group--12 adults, 8 children. We would prefer a traditional style meal, but will take what we can get with our large group! Any suggestions?

Restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner

I have no specific knowledge, but will suggest four places for you to check into.

Soleil Cafe at the historic Colcord Hotel downtown

The historic Skirvin HIlton, also downtown

Marriott Waterford

and Marriott Hotel on Northwest Highway

Best wishes in finding what you need and welcome to Oklahoma!

Restaurant for Thanksgiving Dinner

North Fpork Bar and Grill has an amazing RThanksgiving Day Buffet, they are open from 10-10, and have traditional thanksgiving fare as well an amazing assortment of other treats.


Your biggest problem will be seating 20 people (12 adults, 8 children.)

I have done a search and cannot find anyone advertising Thanksgiving service. However there was a Journal Record story that indicated Tom %26amp; Jerry%26#39;s Steak and Fish will be offering Thanksgiving service, although it%26#39;s not mentioned on their web site.

http://www.tomandjerrysokc.com/

But wherever you go it will be very busy and they will be running late, so be prepared to wait.


OOOPS!!! Sorry. I didn%26#39;t notice it was an old story!! Tom and Jerry%26#39;s is not serving Thanksgiving dinner this year.

My bad.


Steak %26amp; Ale is open. You have two choices for meals. One is a traditional Thanksgiving dinner or a Prime Rib dinner. I do believe you need to make reservations.

Cracker Barrel is having a special Thanksgiving meal and so is Western Sizzlin.

We did Cracker Barrel a few years ago and it wasn%26#39;t bad.


I checked with the Waterford Marriott.

They can handle a party of 20.

Cost:

$38

sr citizen: $30

children 12 - 5: $15

children 4 and under are no charge.

I have eaten Thanksgiving dinner here and it was fine with the exception of something that happened the day before. I hadn%26#39;t thought about this in ages:.

I checked on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving when we checked into the hotel to see if they were going to have any sugar free desserts because one of our family members is a diabetic. They said no, so I drove to a grocery store that night in bitter bitter cold; maybe snowing. I bought some sugar free pudding mixes back and asked the kitchen if they would make them and they said no.

So I then requested room service to send up a quart of milk and a bowl and said I would make them myself.

At that point whoever I was talking to jerked the boxes out of my hand and disgustedly stalked to the kitchen.

But...the puddings appeared the next day in lovely bowls with pretty garnishes. We actually had a nice time there and laughed about the ';pudding triumph.';


Wow! That%26#39;s some story. They literally jerked the boxes from your hands? Amazing!!!

But it sounds as if they made up for it and you had a great dinner.

I hope redheadedtwins06 has as much luck!


Yes, ModCon, literally jerked the boxes from my hand. And yes, in spite of that incident, we had a great time at dinner.

I should note that the Waterford at that time was not managed by Marriott.

And just to bring things up to date, I called the Waterford to see if they have sugar-free desserts this year.

I talked to a nice man named Todd who checked with the chef and told me that they would have sugar-free desserts, but they would not be on the buffet; rather they would be kept in the kitchen and available on request. I asked why they would not be put out on the buffet and he said because they would quickly be consumed.

  • computer not booting up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment