Friday, March 30, 2012

Driving from Oklahoma City to Branson Missouri

Hello,





Having spent months on the Thailand forum it feels a little strange getting into a new forum! I am hoping from some help and this is my first post so please bear with me if its a little broad.





My parents (in their 50%26#39;s) along with another couple are driving from Oklahoma to Branson via Route 66 in August/Sept. They want to know of any suggested itineraries, places of interest and hotels along the way!





Can anyone start me off?! Sorry if the question is really broad, but I have to start somewhere then I promise to narrow the rest down!





How long should they take to do the drive? From there they intend to drive to Nashville, Tenessee then to Atlanta Georgia.... so any experts are free to add these in the above mix!





Thanks heap in advance



Reet xx



Driving from Oklahoma City to Branson Missouri


Oklahoma City to Branson is about a 4-5 hour drive - depending on how you drive. They can do it in a short day, with stops in Tulsa and possibly Springfield. (Assuming good driving weather, of course.)



Sorry, I don%26#39;t know of anything special along the route to see, unless they want to stop at the Bass Pro in Springfield.



OTOH, there is plenty to do once they get to Branson, so the sooner the get there the more time they will have to do it.



:)



Driving from Oklahoma City to Branson Missouri


They definitely will want to see the blue whale, just outside of Catoosa. And in Stroud, they can stop at the Rock Cafe, which made it into the movies ';Cars.'; Some good info here:





http://www.oklahomaroute66.com/




Thanks so much. They are pretty vague about their trip and I have told them to get some more concrete ideas before asking questions!!! I will be back to pick your brains!





Reet xx




For great home cooked food near Branson they should check out Lamberts Cafe, one of my favorites we stop there every time we go to Branson.





http://www.throwedrolls.com/ozark.html

No comments:

Post a Comment