Friday, March 30, 2012

Best steakhouse

I need your help locating an excellent steakhouse in downtown Oklahoma City. Price isn%26#39;t an option, but I want a restaurant that has a great reputation for good service and superb food. Do you have any ideas for me?





Best steakhouse


Jamil%26#39;s may be your best option. It%26#39;s on Lincoldn Blvd, to the north of the downtown area. It is not a traditional American steakhouse, but they do serve quality steak. The appetizers and sides are more Middle-eastern than Oklahoman. For something more traditional, there is a Ruth%26#39;s Chris a bit further north.





Another option may be Sleepy Hollow, located near the Remington Park racetrack. They are not just a steakhouse, but actually serve pretty good steaks. It is more homey in style, in that the dishes are served family style, and the waitresses (at least the last time I was there, which I%26#39;ll admit was years ago) are mostly older ladies who call you ';honey'; or ';darlin%26#39;'; when they speak to you. It is a good combination of down home and high quality. Again, though, it%26#39;s been a while since I%26#39;ve been there, so others may have a different view of the current operation.



Best steakhouse


Go to Mickey Mantel%26#39;s in Bricktown! Great Food and a Great Atmosphere inside and out. It is relatively new (%26lt;10 years) and there are more fun restaurants and bars within walking distance to have another drink after dinner if you want. :)




Cattlemen%26#39;s Steakhouse is the one I hear about the most. Having never eaten there myself, I cannot recommend it, but it is the #1 rated OKC restaurant on TripAdvisor.




I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend RED Prime Steak on Broadway at 4th street, just north of the Skirvin Hilton.





The food and service are absolutely superb, and while the places mentioned above are good, they don%26#39;t provide a very unique atmosphere, unless you are really interested in a ';western'; experience. If you want to see something very modern and original, eat at RED. The restaurant was designed by internationally known architect Rand Elliott and is housed in an historic auto dealership from 1912. The whole restaurant is decorated with red LED. It%26#39;s quite an experience and the steak is the best in town.




IMO, The Mantel (not to be confused with Mickey Mantle%26#39;s) is great.




I have had states at cattlemans,mickey mantels and boulavard steak house (edmond) all are known for their steaks. Boulavard is 20 mins north of okc but is more elegant and had very good steak. Cattlemans is western feel in stockyard area(blue collar) mickey mantles is in bricktown and would be a good place to have good steak or fish and then hit a bar or two or even check out a baseball game or cage fight across the street.




Nonna%26#39;s in Bricktown is not a steakhouse but meets your requirements for a restaurant that has a great reputation for good service and superb food.





It%26#39;s worthy of your taking a look: nonnas.com.




I%26#39;ve gotta say that I%26#39;ve never eaten at Red, but after seeing the above recommendation, I checked it out online, and if they can deliver what their website and online menu promise, then that%26#39;s probably the place to go. I%26#39;ve eaten a lot of meals in OKC, and a lot of steak, but I%26#39;ve never seen a high-end steakhouse like that in OKC before. In the past, that sort of place was something you just had to go to a larger city for. I%26#39;m definitely going there the next time I%26#39;m in town. I just hope they will let me order the steak grilled in butter, rather than all the crusts and sauces. I%26#39;m sort of a traditionalist in that regard. I think a really good cut of prime beef can pretty much stand on its own, without a lot of help from spices, sauces, etc. Either way, though, I%26#39;m still going.




Red does look good.



The next time I want to drop a couple of C-notes on dinner I may head there...



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment