Friday, April 13, 2012

Tubing in Southern OK

I am looking for a river in Southern OK, (Mt Fork River, maybe) that offers tubing float trips. I%26#39;ve seen a couple for canoes and kayaks, but no tubes. Would it even be worth tubing the Mt Fork River, if there is an outfitter that provides tubing trips. Please advise.



Tubing in Southern OK


The Mountain Fork below the rereg is great for tubing. A canoe trip is just so much easier to do. I am a native here and I would simply drop by Walmart and get my own tube for a few bucks less than what an outfitter would charge you for one. The thing about tubing is you can%26#39;t carry any refreshments with you and if you get the prevailing south wind in your face, it can make for a long day. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to send me a private message.



Tubing in Southern OK


Let me post this here so anyone considering tubing will be aware. We usually canoe but this time decided to tube.





The worst experience ever. We tethered floating coolers to our tubes, but it was a huge frustration. The lady at the tube rental place, when asked how much paddling had to be done, was less than truthful in her answer. She stated the only place you really have to paddle is past the waterfall during a calm area. Let me assure you, the only place you don%26#39;t have to paddle are in a few of the rapids. Outside of the rapids, if you don%26#39;t paddle, you don%26#39;t move.





Taking the canoe trip is so much easier. If you really wanna try the tube, be prepared for a lot of paddling with ping pong paddles if you rent.




Good point. I see this happening every weekend except in the circumstances when the releases are very high and then it is unsafe for tubing. Anyone ever need the truth about this river PM me and I will help you make an informed decision or take you myself. I live here and I know this river like the back of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment