Friday, April 13, 2012

Running in Oklahoma City

I%26#39;ll be staying in OkC for four days and need to run while I%26#39;m there. Treadmills don%26#39;t do it for me, so I%26#39;ll be looking for parks with trails. I%26#39;ll be staying at the HOJO off of I40, and I%26#39;m guessing there will be trails along the river which appears to be close...



Any ideas?





Thanks



Running in Oklahoma City


http://www.okc.gov/trails/



Running in Oklahoma City


Hello TexasNarc ~





Yes, there are trails on the Oklahoma River. They have really worked on making it beautiful %26amp; accessible. Our friends fave place to run is at Lake Hefner. I like to go out there to walk, eat, people watch. You will see others biking, roller blading, sailing, picnicing. It is a lovely place.





Oooo... there are also restaurants located at the lake.





Louie%26#39;s ~ laid back ~ serving salads, sandwiches, pizza and the like ~ playing sports on several tvs ~ patio seating ~ can be a bit loud inside.





Pearl%26#39;s ~ ';cajun'; seafood, sandwiches ~ GREAT view sitting in the big booths by the windows ~ patio





Red Rock Canyon ~ a little more expensive ~ steaks, rotisserie chicken ~ good service





Location : Lake Hefner Parkway (highway 77) %26amp; Britton Road





Enjoy your trip ~



Kandye





www.nola-blog.blogspot.com




oklahoma-city-life.com/oklahoma-river-trails…


  • bowel cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment