Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ramada Inn - Tulsa (info needed)

Can anyone give me info on the Ramada Inn in Tulsa. How is the area around the motel? Is it a safe area to be in? What condition is the motel in? What is served on the breakfast they have? I know nothing of the Tulsa area. I am trying to find a motel that will close to the unearthing of the plymouth in June 2007. So far from I see this motel is very close to the unearthing. I will appreciate any info on the area ,this motel or any in the area. Thank You

Ramada Inn - Tulsa (info needed)

I was surprised to see the rave reviews about this hotel - under the hotel guides Advisor lists. My choice for a good downtown hotel, about 4 blocks from the Plymouth dig would be the Downtown Doubletree. Of course there is also the upscale Crown Plaza, located a few blocks north of the Ramada that is definitely a fine hotel. I%26#39;m not sure what has been done to upgrade the Ramada, but as far as location, the Doubletree is just as close but located south of the courthouse dig. Downtown Tulsa is trying hard to upgrade their image. However there are still many unsavory types that hang around at night... more so in the Ramada area than the Doubletree area. I work downtown now as of two weeks ago, so I will go by the Ramada and check it out and let you know early next week. See you at the dig! I was there as a little girl with my dad when they buried it!

Ramada Inn - Tulsa (info needed)

You might be thinking of that hotel at 7th %26amp; Boulder that is now called the Great Western Downtown Plaza Hotel; it has been many things, including a Ramada for awhile I think, in the last 10+ years.

If so, I%26#39;d skip it in favor of the Doubletree Downtown or Crowne Plaza, as recommended by JudiandBill. Both are walking distance (a few blocks each) from the time capsule where the Plymouth is buried.

About 8 blocks away is the Ambassador Hotel, also quite nice but likely a bit more expensive than the Doubletree.

Through 2007, if you stay at the Crowne Plaza, either bring ear plugs or ask for a room away from the train tracks. It is located just South of train tracks through downtown, %26amp; trains run through every night, sounding their whistles at each street crossing. Tulsa%26#39;s VIsion 2025 bond program will get rid of the train whistles by approx. late 2007, as ';car-proof'; crossings are installed. ThenTulsa will apply to the Dept. of Transportation for a waiver from the ';whistle requirement.'; I%26#39;ve lived downtown for over 10 years %26amp; am used to the trains, but new visitors sometimes complain about the whistles.


Thank you JudiandBill and Art918 for your quick reply back to me. The info was very helpful with very good detail. I will check on the Doubletree. I have stayed in a Doubletree before in Newark,New Jersey and it was very nice. JudiandBill what great history for you to be present at the unearthing also. I hope Tulsa realizes how much interest there is in this event and is ready.We are from Alabama and I know people will come from all over the U.S.Thanks again.


I realize this is a little belated, but I wanted to respond for the benefit of future travelers to information on the Crowne Plaza that appears in an earlier post here.

I have stayed at what is now the Crowne Plaza on several occasions when it was previously the Adam%26#39;s Mark and a Westin. I have never, ever, been bothered or awakened by a train whistle while staying there. I don%26#39;t even remember ever hearing one The train tracks are over a block away north of the hotel and the massive 40 story BOK tower sits directly between the train tracks and the hotel. Also the hotel is positioned so that the rooms face east and west, so there are no rooms that face toward the tracks. I have always had very enjoyable stays at this hotel and would recommend it without hesitation. Its location directly across a lovely small park from the Performing Arts Center make it a particularly good choice for anyone visiting for a show at the PAC.

  • reduce redness of a pimple
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment