Friday, April 13, 2012

Need advice on cabin for ';newbie'; to Broken Bow area...

Hi- my friend and I are planning a surprise trip for our girlfriend%26#39;s 40th birthday in November. We will be driving from Dallas, TX. We love the looks and scenery of the Rivers Edge Cottages- their website is so descriptive and the pics look awesome. However, most of those cabins are ';couples only'; or are out of our price range (trying to keep it at $150 or less if possible). We need a cabin that will sleep 3, prefer a fireplace, hot tub for more that just a couple, and a firepit, and one that%26#39;s not too rustic or old. TV would be nice, but not required!





When doing my searches online it seems that the nicest cabins were in Broken Bow. I%26#39;ve never been to this area or to much of OK for that matter. What%26#39;s the difference b/w Broken Bow and Beavers Bend exactly? Also, where are the Kiamichi Mountains and Ouachita Forest? These terms are what keep popping up during my search and I%26#39;m just trying to undertand the ';lay of the land'; better and understand what is a ';must see'; for us if we make it out to this area.





Also, it sounds from reading past forum posts that Rivers Edge would be further North therefore a further drive from Dallas. Should we stick to Broken Bow specifically and expect about a 3 hour drive? Since we%26#39;ll only be gone two nights we%26#39;d prefer to get to our destination as quick as possible!





hiddenhillscabinsok.com/cabins_rockridge.html



- this seems to look pretty decent, too- anyone ever stay here?





Thanks in advance for any and all advice you might have!



Need advice on cabin for ';newbie'; to Broken Bow area...


Beaver%26#39;s Bend is the state park about 7 miles north of Broken Bow. We are only a little over 3 hours from Dallas. There are hundreds of cabins for rent in and around Beaver%26#39;s Bend and the Broken Bow lake area. You might try www.pine-net.com and I think there are some links off their or try contacting the Broken Bow Chamber office. I will post my email address in a pm and you can contact me through it and I will try to help you. Come on you locals, lets help these people out.



Need advice on cabin for ';newbie'; to Broken Bow area...


www.mccurtaincountygetaways.com/lodging.html Try this site for now beachbabyboo. I sent you a personal message for more contact information.




The Beaver%26#39;s Bend Folk Festival will be the second weekend in November and there are a lot of things to see and do there. If you are planning on this weekend I would look to make reservations now.




Thank you AlCapone, appreciate all of your advice! I have my homework to do now! Thanks again.




If you go to www.beaversbend.com you will get info on the cabins in the park as well as the lodge that is on the lake. The cabins are simple, rustic %26amp; clean. I think most have fireplaces %26amp; they aren%26#39;t very expensive. They are scattered in groups around the park, which is a forest %26amp; kept pristine. The restaurant behind the office is good %26amp; inexpensive but there are several others in the area outside the park. The cabins will have a notebook of things to do in the area. If you like quiet %26amp; natue you will love it. I am trying to move there %26amp; it can%26#39;t be soon enough! (I live S of Ft W. ) Hope this helps.




Thanks Linda1211!





I think I have it narrowed down to Hidden Hills Cabins. Thanks again guys for all your help.




Don%26#39;t know how much help I can give you, but I will try. We go to canoe the river every year and this year, we just returned from our second trip.





Anyway, the summer is when we usually go because the lake and the river are perfect temps. We normally stay in Hochatown area in or around 259A. It%26#39;s about ten minutes outside of Broken Bow.





We just stayed at the Texas Two-Step and it was awesome. 3BR/2 1/2 BATH. Hottub, Flatscreen TVs, Great Porches and very modern.





Also, the Hearthstone cabin. Smaller 3BR/2BA, but extremely nice and the road it%26#39;s on gives you straight access to a boat launch, as well as being very close to Pure Country.





Stayed at Bucky%26#39;s Blind one time and it was also extremely nice. 2BR/2BA. It%26#39;s off of 259A which puts you further from the lake and the country bar, but closer to Broken Bow.





Hope any of this info helps.




Thank you trkshot8!




sorry I missed you your last trip trkshot. Had a blast floating that day.




Al, I appreciate everything you did to try and keep me up to date on the status of the river. It was a big help in knowing if this thing was gonna happen or not. We ended up getting to go out on that Saturday. Mac from Ambush called me that Friday and said he%26#39;d put us out there. We had a great time and the river still seemed a little high, but it made the rapids easier to navigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment