Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Must-Sees Along Rt 40

So I%26#39;ll be cruising through Oklahoma for one night with my husband- we%26#39;re newlyweds. We don%26#39;t want to get too far off the path of Rt 40. Tell me what I just can%26#39;t miss! Looking for beautiful cabins, unique hotels, or a nice little bar scene. I%26#39;ve never been anywhere near Oklahoma! If you had one night along Rt 40, where would you go? Anything we should look for along the way, places to eat?





Must-Sees Along Rt 40


Are you talking about Interstate 40? If so, I can%26#39;t think of much except the OKC area.



Must-Sees Along Rt 40


While there may be some interesting places to vist off I-40, with the exception of OKC, most are not directly on the Interstate. How far off the road are you willing to travel?



As for OKC, you can visit Bricktown - the new entertainment/dining district.





Here is a link listing all of the exits and the connecting roads and where they take you:



www.ajfroggie.com/triskele/int2di/i40ok.html





And another that lists places of interest along (and near to) I-40.



www.lasr.net/pages/highway.php…





The listings for the individual towns have a lot more info than we could post here.





One more thing - much og I-40 %26#39;follows%26#39; the old Route 66 from OKC to Barstow, CA. Unfortunately, much of what made Route 66 unique has disappeared over the years. However, you may find some things of interest here (mostly geared to Rt 66, but not too far off I-40.):



www.historic66.com/oklahoma/det-ok5.html





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment