Friday, April 13, 2012

Central Park High Rise-Tulsa

I am moving from Dallas and need an apartment for about six months-1 year while I look for a home on Lake Skiatook. Does anyone have any knowledge about CP?





Is it an ok area?



Central Park High Rise-Tulsa


It is in the downtown area which has little to offer. Close to the old YMCA and courthouse with many scary individuals nearby. Area to live in depends on where you will be working in Tulsa. Might look for an apartment or garage apartment in the Maple Ridge area near downtown. Also, Brookside area with many restaurants and shopping. Good Luck!



Central Park High Rise-Tulsa


Thanks-I did drive around yesterday and see the place to sell Plasma near CP. I knew that wasn%26#39;t a good sign.





My husband needs very quick access to airport. (pilot) I drive the whole state of OK. I liked the idea of a high rise for the view. I did go up to see some units in Liberty Tower (20th floor) this week and liked how you just drive into the building too.





I want to look at University Tower too.





We don%26#39;t have kids and won%26#39;t be walking in the neighborhood.




Tulsa has some lovely areas and no shortage of apartments. If you have a chance, definitely drive around and check out the neighborhoods. I%26#39;ve lived on the SE side of downtown since 1995 and have worked downtown since 1981, as well as been a member of (and worked out at least twice/week at) the Downtown YMCA since 1986.





Downtown Tulsa is very safe and the homeless population has not been a problem for me--in 26 years I%26#39;ve been ';aggressively panhandled'; at most a couple of times. Most panhandlers (and I encounter less than one a month, on average) are satisfied with a simple ';can%26#39;t help you, sorry'; response.





If you like to walk or jog, access to the River Parks would be a plus. CP is not far from there. Another to consider is the condo tower at 15th %26amp; Boulder, which probably has some rentals available. Still good access to the airport, plus even a touch closer to the River Parks. And there is another condo tower just East of 24th %26amp; Riverside, which is a little more up scale; don%26#39;t know if rentals are available.





The Y%26#39;s provide a ';city-wide'; membership, so wherever you locate if you join you can probably find a Y close by.





Downtown streets (in the central business district area) are going to be a nightmare of construction until August 2008, as the City completes four separate projects requiring the tearing up of each street (of course on different schedules). All the projects are to be completed before the new arena opens in September 2008.





Downtown does boast some interesting live music venues, the Performing Arts Center (which has a very full schedule for many varied interests), the Brady Theatre and the historic Cains Ballroom.





Welcome to Tulsa and I hope you have good luck hunting for a home around Skiatook Lake. That is a developing area that seems to have some promise--I need to get up there and check it out.




Dianne, Liberty and University Towers are near the 244 access to the airport and actually, in my view, in a ';different'; area than Central Park. They offer excellent views of downtown and the river, access to Veterans Park and the River Walk. All as safe as it gets in Tulsa these days. They are also near, 2-3 miles, Utica Square shopping center, St. John Medical Center and the Maple Ridge area. This is the most upscale area to spend your money. If you go far South you get traffic, traffic, traffic and spend a lot of time in traffic. Good Luck. Hope this helps.




You guys are wonderful help. Thanks.





I called University Tower (but haven%26#39;t seen inside yet). I%26#39;m on a waiting list, but it looks like they won%26#39;t have any vacancies until at least January. I%26#39;m going to look at Liberty Tower more. I saw two units there, but would like to see all of what is available. I did get the same feel about the difference in area just in the short distance between cp and liberty tower.





I do have a MIL who lives at 91st and Yale so I%26#39;m familiar with that side of town. She just doesn%26#39;t know much about downtown and would have a different perspective about priorities.




Oh, does anyone know what the condo tower would be called at 24th and Boulder that was mentioned?




I meant 24th and Riverside.




2300 Riverside Condominiums.

No comments:

Post a Comment