Friday, April 13, 2012

1yr old/7 yr old and Grandmother who is active

Hi - I see lots of good things on here about activities in OKC for kids. I%26#39;m curious what you all think of the hotel situation if I%26#39;m tentatively planning to;



a - hit the tourist trap Frontier City, the water park, the zoo



b - probably look for a children%26#39;s museum if available - or one of the museum%26#39;s you%26#39;ve mentioned.





I like the restored fancy one downtown with the new historic status...but didn%26#39;t know if it was a good location for our needs and/or for the kids so we don%26#39;t bother other people if they scream a little.





I could see doing a suite type hotel...but SECURITY is extremely important. I will pay more to be in the best part of town.





Second - would a tour of some kind be recommended for the 7 yr old and if so - where?





Thanks so much!



1yr old/7 yr old and Grandmother who is active


hey ya -



One more thing please, probably going to the botanical gardens.





So - any parking tips we need to know about? Any insider tips on buying tickets when we get to town to get a good deal or such for any of the attractions I mentioned?





Is there anywhere to dine - that will welcome kids that will give a view of the skyline? I took the kids up in Reunion tower in Dallas to Antares and that was a huge success - wondered if there was anything somewhat similar?





Thanks so much!



1yr old/7 yr old and Grandmother who is active


The Omniplex Science Museum is great for the youngsters, and it%26#39;s right next to the zoo. Both of these as well as Frontier City are in the northeastern part of the metro.





Marriott has a brand new Residence Inn in the Bricktown area, which is a popular area close to a lot of major attractions. The kids might enjoy a boat ride on the canal through Bricktown, and the minor league ball park is nearby. But both Bricktown and downtown are a few miles drive from the attractions you mention.





Nikz is the only restaurant I know of with a skyline view, and I believe that they have closed. You might ask at the hotel.




Good suggestions, TwoProfs...



And, Yes, NIKZ has closed - and while it was a nice view, I%26#39;m not sure I would have ever called it ';kid-friendly!';



:)




Yeah, I would say Residence is a good bet if with the kids. BTW, the historic hotel you probably speak of is the Skirvin Hilton.

No comments:

Post a Comment