Friday, April 13, 2012

Mexican and BBQ - OKC's best

I%26#39;m visiting OKC at the end of October. I%26#39;m convinced that I have to find a great Mexican restaurant one night and some great BBQ the other, so I%26#39;m looking for any suggestions.

I%26#39;m not particularly concerned about cost or convenience, just great food.

Any suggestions?

Mexican and BBQ - OKC's best

Any idea where you will be staying while here? I%26#39;m sure you will get as many different ideas as you will people answering and it may help if people know about where you will be located. Some of the places I can think of can be a quite a trip from some areas of OKC to where the restaurant is located.

:)

Preliminary suggestions for Mexican:

Bandolero%26#39;s 5714 S Shields Ph.: 601-0422

Ted%26#39;s Escondido gets great reviews (several locations)

http://tedscafe.com/

BBQ: Leo%26#39;s 3631 N. Kelly Ph. 405-424-5367

Mexican and BBQ - OKC's best

We%26#39;re staying in Bricktown, but I%26#39;m willing to take a cab somewhere out of the way if necessary. Who knows when I%26#39;ll be back, right??


Bricktown:

Earl%26#39;s BBQ - they are a local restaurant with several locations. I have never had truly bad BBQ, and Earl%26#39;s, while not the best, is actually pretty good, although it%26#39;s not what most people would consider %26#39;authetic%26#39; BBQ Joint Atmosphere. :)

Celino%26#39;s Mexican - I like Chelino%26#39;s, but I know a lot of people that don%26#39;t care for it. Once again, a local restaurant with several locations around town. Their Bricktown location is right on the canal and has outdoor seating (if the weather isn%26#39;t too bad.)

Abuelo%26#39;s - Not your typical Tex Mex. National chain, but since it%26#39;s different I like it.

And, even though you didn%26#39;t ask for this type of food, stop in at Falcone%26#39;s for a slice of pizza at lunch or for a late night snack. IMO, best pizza in OKC. (But I%26#39;m partial to NYC style pizza and this is spot on!)

:)

All of the above are located in Bricktown (http://www.bricktownokc.com/)

I%26#39;m sure there will be more suggestions (and possibly suggestions to not try the places I%26#39;ve listed. lol)

Enjoy your stay in our wonderful city.


A new restaurant which I%26#39;m eager to try opened recently in Midtown.

The name is 1492 New World Latin Cuisine. According to what I';ve read in the Oklahoma City paper, it sounds quite promising.

It bills itself as fusion Latin American and Mexican.

';tacos and enchiladas, southern Mexican fish dishes, steaks, chicken, duck breast tortillas...';

1492okc.com for menus and more information.

I%26#39;ll post separately for reviews.

Welcome to OKC!


My gf is from OKC and she says that Ted%26#39;s Mexican Restaurant on NW 68th Street is a good choice. Earl%26#39;s Rib Palace and County Line are awesome BBQ joints in the North of OKC. Hope that helps.


Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the advice.

  • programming
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment