Friday, April 13, 2012

broken bow flood warning!!!

does some one lives near broken bow, how safe is to drive from dallas to broken bow with this flood warning? we are planning to go in two weeks but i been cheking the weather and i%26#39;m worry about the ';flood warning'; we want to go to beavers bend resort park how bad is it?? please any answers



broken bow flood warning!!!


I live S of Ft W %26amp; went to Broken Bow July 11-13. The lake is over filled but it wasn%26#39;t closed %26amp; the campgrounds weren%26#39;t flooded. I haven%26#39;t seen a new flood warning but I don%26#39;t think they%26#39;ve had much more rain--I watch their radar. You can email information@beaversbend.com %26amp; they%26#39;ll tell you how it is. I%26#39;d say go %26amp; have a great time! I was surprised our lakes are closed, Benbrook anyway. Broken Bow was out of its banks %26amp; the water was over some of the picnic tables but you could still go in. It was great!!!!!



broken bow flood warning!!!


thanks for the info!!!




You%26#39;re welcome! Have you been there before? Let me know how your trip goes. I love it there, in fact, I%26#39;m trying to move there. Its beauty is good for the soul. Have a great time %26amp; a safe trip.




no I have not. but I can%26#39;t wait to be there all my family is going. other question did you explore the river i heard somthing about the presbytarian falls. is easy to get there??




I%26#39;ve not heard of Presbyterian Falls. If you stay in a cabin in Beavers Bend Park, there will be a notebook w/ stuff to do in the area. Look in the drawers if it%26#39;s not out. If you%26#39;re not staying in a cabin, there%26#39;s brochures in the office. I%26#39;m sure they can tell you. No, I didn%26#39;t do anything on the river but I want to go kyaking. Some people I met said the ww canoe, or something like that, was better than the other one. Both are on 70 E of town, I think. I was only there a couple days %26amp; I wanted to spend it all at the lake. It is so neat there %26amp; so different from here. It%26#39;s pretty %26amp; quiet %26amp; pristine. I just love it. I hope I can sell my house quickly so I can move there.




I live here and what they are referring to is the fact that Red River is a few feet above flood stage. The closest Red River is to here is 30 miles. The lake is at normal summer pool at this time and I floated the lower Mountain Fork yesterday and it was perfect. Don%26#39;t listen to hearsay. If you have any questions you can send me a private message and I can give you some contact information to get ahold of me both by email and phone.




thankyou, !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment