Wednesday, April 18, 2012

cheaper hotel near Bricktown

Hi



My parents are visiting me and my husband from Africa for 3 weeks.I am taking them around a few places in Texas and Oklahoma.





We have decide to spend a weekend in Oklahoma City and I was wonderng if someone could suggest a good and safe hotel near Bricktown.I have read a lot of good reviews of the Marriott downtown but I was hoping to find a cheaper one close by.We are driving our own car so something within 2-3 miles should be good.We are going to spend the saturday night and sunday afternoon there.Something between $60-75/night is fine by us.





Also which is a good restaurant for dinner.My dad and mom enjoy eating out and all four of us can go to some fun place.





Hope to hear from you guys here at the forum as I always rely on this forum for all my vaccations and have always been thankful :)





-Thanks



cheaper hotel near Bricktown


I don%26#39;t know much about the hotels near Bricktown, as I just recently moved to this area, but I can tell you that the Marriott Waterford is a beautiful hotel, and on weekends your can get some very good deals. Our family of four stayed there over a weekend while we were relocating for well under $100 a night (I think it was $79, but I%26#39;m not certain). But be sure to call the hotel directly to get the best rate. We beat even Marriotts own website price by $20. It%26#39;s just a few miles north of downtown, in the Nichols Hills area (very upscale) and you could be in Bricktown in just a few minutes. Traffic isn%26#39;t an issue here, so it makes getting around very easy. I would think you could find a nice hotel in downtown over the weekend for a pretty decent price. There are several nice hotels in the area, and a couple of new boutique style hotels just opening.





One thing I have noticed is that many things will have ';Bricktown'; in the name, but actually be nowhere near Bricktown. I noticed a hotel just the other day that was several miles from Bricktown, in what looked to be a pretty rough part of town, but it had Bricktown in the name. Be careful.





I can%26#39;t say much about the dining in Bricktown. I ate at Abuelo%26#39;s last week and thought it was pretty good TexMex. I%26#39;ve also eaten at Chileno%26#39;s. Its a pretty popular for TexMex as well, but our family just didn%26#39;t care for it at all. I%26#39;ve been told that there%26#39;s a very good cajun style place there, but I%26#39;ve not yet tried it.



Enjoy your trip.



cheaper hotel near Bricktown


If not in bricktown I would stay on Meridian...Many hotels in that area since it is just north of the airport...Should be several there for that price range...Maybe Motel 6 or the Ramada Limited





It would be about a 5 to 10 minute drive to bricktown from that area




Here is a list of all the hotels in OKC with some representative prices.





tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g51560-Oklahoma_City_鈥?/a>





Most of the hotels in OKC will be within a 20-30 minute drive of the Bricktown area. Try to stay west of Bricktown. The section that Easy180 mentioned is on Meridian Ave. between Reno and SW44th streets with several right along I-40. There are also some hotels along I-40 east (closer to Bricktown) of that same area. Use the above Tripadvisor link to get to reviews of the hotels and for more information.



There are also many restaurants in that same area.





Stay away from the Bricktown Central Plaza Hotel.




The Renaissance hotel is so gorgeous! The middle of the hotel is like a huge atrium with gold fish and plants, it%26#39;s beautiful! I was stationed at Altus AFB in 2004 and the hotel gave discounts to military. You can stay there for about $100 a night, but the discount ended up around $70. Even at $100, I think the room is underpriced. It%26#39;s emmaculate! The service is so professional, you feel like a celebrity. And Bricktown is only a block away. I%26#39;m not sure of the prices now since it%26#39;s been a few years, but you will love it. We went to Abuelo%26#39;s which feels like you are siting in a Mexico Mansion the food was great with a variety of beers and mixed drinks. The Spaghetti Warehouse was good. There is a wonderful restaraunt in the Minor League Baseball Stadium. Can%26#39;t remember the name, but it had a variety of food and very good service. There is an Italian Restaurant on the corner of the lower level of the River Walk that was great. You are going out to have a few drinks TapWerks is a great place to taste beers from around the world. They have over 100 beers on tap. Also there is a Maker%26#39;s Cigar and Piano Bar on the Upper Level of the River Walk they have the best martini%26#39;s ever and is a great place to unwind. My favorite was the chocolate cherry. They have these brown leather lounge chairs set in front of a fireplace and someone playing and singing it%26#39;s great! Hope this is helpful.




peacefulmind~I may be wrong on this, but you might not find a nicer hotel in the Bricktown area for the price your wanting to pay, but you should be able to if you stay on Meredian as others have mentioned. Since you will have a car, you might be better off to stay there as it won%26#39;t take long to get to the Bricktown area. The hotels on Meredian are good and there are several to choose from. Try the Wingate, Hilton Garden Inn, Amerisuites or Hampton Inn. These are all nice and should be in your price range. If you are AAA members or AARP, this would get you a discouint. You also might consider purchasing the Entertainment Book, as there are discounts/coupons in there for hotels, restaurants, etc. They are about $25.





Your family would probably enjoy, Toby Keiths Bar %26amp; Grill located in Bricktown. It%26#39;s a fun atmosphere. Live music in the evenings and children are welcome. It%26#39;s mainly country music though.





What you might do is make several resv at hotels, then come back on here and ask which one is your better bet, then cancel the ones you decide against. That is what I have done in the past if I%26#39;m not familiar with an area of town. These forums are great for all kinds of info. Be sure to visit www.tripadvsior.com to read reviews on there.





Good luck and welcome to Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment