Monday, April 16, 2012

Getting around in downtown Tulsa

My husband and I will be arriving in Tulsa June 14th around 12:30 P.M. for the unearthing of the belvedere on Fri. We are staying at the Crowne Plaza and cannot check in until 3. How is the parking in downtown Tulsa ? Do you have bus lines? I know the Crowne Plaza has a shuttle service for about a 3mi. area. Does the city have a shuttle service? Also does anyone know how pricey it is to eat breakfast at the Deco in the Crowne Plaza. Are there any breakfast places close to the Crown Plaza within walking distance ? Sorry for so many questions but I know nothing of the city. Any info would be appreciated



Getting around in downtown Tulsa


Welcome to Tulsa Brenda! The Crowne Plaza is close to many places to eat - as a downtown worker just across the street from the Crowne, you can walk up main street to several small cafe%26#39;s. And the shuttle there can get you to the unearthing, or at least within a block of it. Most of the interesting architecture, shops, food places are all within walking distance, so if you truly stay downtown during your visit you shouldn%26#39;t have any problems walking to anything you want to see... just wear good shoes! :-) I%26#39;m not sure of the prices at the Deco.. but since it%26#39;s an upgrade hotel, I would suspect you might find cheaper breakfasts just up the street, a block or two. Hope that%26#39;s some help, but most of all don%26#39;t fret about it, as I assure you, compared to many cities Tulsa%26#39;s prices are reasonable. Let me know if there are other questions you might have. My personal mail is Groovyjudi at aol. Maybe I%26#39;ll see you at the unearthing! My father and I were actually there when they buried it and plan to be there to see it come out!



Judi



Getting around in downtown Tulsa


Thank you Judi your info helped a great deal. I am a planner and I like to get the lay of the land before we take a trip. We got a terrific price at the Crowne Plaza ( 66.00 a night with veteran discount)But we will be traveling 91/2 hours from Alabama to Tulsa so the gas alone will be pricey.



Our daughter and grandaughter will be with us I thought we might take in the Aquarium on Saturday. And since I have just found out you have several Daylight Donuts in Oklahoma we will have to find them at least one time. I check tripadvisor from time to time If you think of anything else about the city or the unearthing I would appreciate any info. Thanks Again

No comments:

Post a Comment